Choosing a diamond pendant for your love is an important choice. It’s likely that this new necklace will be one she will wear frequently, so it needs to be versatile enough to wear both with more casual and more formal outfits. Here are some tips to help you choose a diamond and white gold pendant.
1. Set a budget. Diamond pendants come in a wide range of styles, sizes and prices. You can narrow your search very quickly by determining how much you want to spend before you begin shopping. Failing to take this step first can leave you confused and bewildered, so know your budget before you go.
2. Traditional or modern? There are so many choices in diamond pendants that it also helps to narrow the field if you have an idea if you are looking for a more traditional style pendant, such as a heart shaped pendant, or if you want a more modern look. Consider how your love will wear the pendant. Do you want something that works well with her entire wardrobe, or are you choosing a special occasion necklace? Also consider her personal style choices with regard to other jewelry and clothing to help you determine whether a modern or traditional choice is best.
3. What length is right? Most diamond pendants are worn at the 16-inch or 18 inch length, which is the perfect length for open necklines. However, if your love has a preference for shorter or longer necklaces, it’s important to communicate this to the jeweler.
4. Choice of metal. White gold is a popular choice for diamond pendants because the color looks so good with diamonds. It will go well with her other white gold jewelry, as well as with platinum and silver pieces. By choosing white gold, you’ll allow yourself a wide range of options when picking a pendant. However, it’s important to determine if this metal will suit your love. Some women have a definite preference for yellow gold, and this should be taken into account when choosing her necklace.
5. Other stones. You may want to consider adding other stones to your love’s diamond pendant. If you do choose to add gemstones, be sure to choose one in a color that she likes to wear. Or, choose her birthstone for a choice that can’t miss.
Armed with these tips, you should be prepared to pick the perfect diamond pendant, confident that it will be a gift she will treasure forever.